When will housing placements be announced?
Depending on demand, housing assignments are usually determined by July and are made available online in via your student portal. Please keep in mind that some last-minute changes may occur leading up to move-in day. Your keys will be available when you arrive on registration day.
How do I find out who my roommate is?
When can I move in?
Fall Semester 2022
Go to the Fall Orientation page for the latest info!
How can I see my room before I move in?
Check out the individual building pictures located here. Individual tours may be available, pending availability as residence halls are used for conferences during the summer and are closed during Christmas and Spring breaks.
What furniture is provided?
All students are provided with twin bed, drawers, desk, and chair, wastebasket and wireless connection. Apartment residents are also provided with living room and dining room furniture. Living room furniture may be reconfigured, but it may not be removed from the room.
What do I need to bring?
"Must bring" item checklist:
- Bedding (twin size sheets, blankets/comforter, pillow)
- Towels and washcloths
- Personal toiletries (you may want a carry-case to hold such items), soap, laundry soap, and other cleaning supplies
"Optional" item checklist:
- Desk lamp
- Small pins, removable tape or mounting putty for hanging pictures/posters (tape, staples, nails etc. are not permitted)
- Hangers for the closet
- Iron (ironing boards are supplied)
- Toaster/Kettle (these items are only allowed in the kitchen area of dorms – they are NOT permitted in dorm rooms and will be removed if found. Best to wait before purchasing these items to see if your dorm already has one available for use. Maximum 1 kettle and 1 toaster per lounge area (to avoid electrical overload).
- Christmas lights (LED only)
- Bike (to be stored in secured bike storage), sports equipment, etc.
"Leave at home" item checklist:
- Furniture (all furniture is supplied)
- Live Christmas trees
- Appliances (other than those listed above appliances in dorm kitchens are not permitted), No appliances are permitted in dorm rooms.
- Halogen lamps
- Racially offensive and/or sexually explicit posters/flags/apparel
- Alcohol, tobacco, or drugs, or paraphernalia, advertising, or apparel portraying such items.
- Firearms, weapons, fireworks, candles, burning incense, etc.
- Street signs, advertisements, or any other stolen public property
What other amenities are available?
- Coin laundromats are available in your building ($1.25 per load to wash, $1.25 to dry)
- Study areas and lounges in every dorm
- Storage areas are available for various items, including boxes and luggage. Secured bicycle storage is available as well, since fire regulations do not permit bikes in any residence halls.
- A refrigerator and microwave are easily accessible in every residence hall.